Asase Ye's First Semester

                      Asase Ye's First AYA Semester.

              *Please make sure to leave comments and questions in the comment section below.*




My name is Asase Ye Shabazz. I am doing 6th and 7th grade work. I am 10 years old going on 11. I have been in AYA for four months. This is my first semester. I live in Richmond, VA. Some of my favorite things to do are reading, making movies, writing and cooking. I have become more responsible since before my starting AYA.




                                              Math 

  

  This is my math class in AYA run by Mama Evelyn Duduyemi. It is on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00-10:30. I will answer the following questions:


       What was the Key Learning part of my experience?

Every time something else was explained to us was a key learning part of my experience. But I think the one I feel really helped me was when we were going over negative and positive numbers. When we were going over the mixed sign rule, the neighbor sign rule, and the same sign rule (ways to add and subtract negative and positive numbers) and the multiplication and division rules (ways to multiply and divide negative and positive numbers).


                     What was most enjoyable?


The most enjoyable thing for me was making math videos. I absolutely loved that. It was really fun and my videos were always hilarious. And I loved watching everyone else's. Also, making videos is fun!


                      What was most difficult?



The most difficult thing for me was (and kinda still is) adding terms that are un-like. That is really challenging for me but I know I can be better!



                         What was easiest?



Well pretty much everything was easy once I got the hang of it, but maybe the most easy thing(s) were the neighbor sign rule, and the multiplication rule. I say that this was easiest because the first time we had a homework on the same and mixed sign rules, I turned in multiplication, instead of adding and subtracting. So I had to do the whole thing over!


 



English/Drama



This is Khepra and Upwat taught by Mama Camielle Famous. It is on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9:00-10:30. It was also taught by Baba Wekesa Madzimoyo at the beginning of the semester. 



            What was the Key Learning part of my experience?


I believe the Key Learning part of my experience was learning more about Mary Bowser. My sister Folasade had a book about black women in history, and Mary Bowser was in it, so I knew a little about her, But I didn't know there was a book about her and I didn't know that 


                       What was most enjoyable?



Reading the plays was the most fun thing ever! I loved playing the roles of characters. I also enjoyed that this class is just fun fun fun!


                        What was most difficult? 

I guess the most difficult thing was all the different grammar. We have a color-code sheet that we about coordinating conjunctions and words modified by phrases, and all that kinda makes my head spin. But I know that I can get the hang of it.



                            What was easiest?



The easiest thing was making presentations. Making presentations is something that kinda just comes naturally. I really like doing that and maybe that's why it's easy.















                                 Book Writing Class



This class is run by Baba Baoku Duduyemi. I have been in it all semester. It is on Tuedays from 10:45 to 12:15. 


                       What was the Key Learning?


The Key Learning Experience for me was that when working through my book, I found out that publishing a book is NOT as easy as it sounds. It takes a lot of work and there are a lot of steps to it. 


                   What was most enjoyable?


The most enjoyable thing for me was that we were publishing the books, really. I am happy that we had an assignment to finish up my book because it pushed my parents and I to work more on it. And now, because of this class, I can sell my book. And that is why Baba Baoku is in my dedication. 


                    What was most difficult?


The most difficult thing was all the waiting. I had to wait for a lot of things in this publishing process. I had to wait for my Mother to pay for the copyright, I had to wait for my Father to finish the layout. And all the waiting was most difficult.


                       What was easiest? 


The easiest thing was writing the book itself. Anything that had to do with writing or like coming up with the title, or writing in more things that I missed was easiest.
-In the video below, it will say my "nearly published book", but just know, it is actually published!

 
*Please, please leave feedback in the comments section!*

Comments

I hope you enjoyed the video! Make sure to leave feedback and tell me if anything's wrong so I can fix it! 😊🙂✊🏾👍🏾
Forgive me for saying video. I meant presentation!